Know where your customers communicate
As the world rapidly moves quicker and quicker, it’s imperative that we know where the best and fastest place is to find our clients & customers. Do they Text? Email? Phone? Use an App?
Figure out what they use and use it. Doesn’t make sense calling someone, when they don’t pick up the phone and you can easily find them on Facebook.
The other day I was messaged on Facebook’s messenger service, I didn’t respond right away because I personally don’t communicate with Messenger. I didn’t realize it was this customers favorite way to communicate. I answered back a day later, seems that’s not the proper etiquette with Messenger. I was scolded for being late.
Along with knowing which is their favorite way to communicate, it’s knowing the proper return time on the way they communicate. I read somewhere last month that people expect an answer on email in less than 2 hours. If you go more than a day, they move on to someone else.
Knowing your customers favorite way to communicate and knowing the etiquette on getting back to them is so super important in June 2017. Best advice on getting back to them is the faster the better, even if it’s just to say, you’ll get back to them later in the day with more information.
What is your customers/clients favorite way to communicate?
This is the most current list of where I can find most people today (Wednesday June 7, 2017)
- Text via Mobile phone: This is my dads favorite way to communicate and he is 80+ years in age
- Email: Seems to be the place most of the people I know communicate, but that could change quickly. Note: I notice some customers moving from their work email address to a gmail account.
- Mobile phone: This is usually the quickest for most. But if someone turns their ringer off during a meeting, they may not remember to turn it back on for a while!
- Land Line: Mine still rings, but not like it used to. Cool thing about some of the new Land lines like ours at work. We can see who called us in the last 24 hours.
- Facebook: This is where I tend to find many mobile office contacts.
- Facebook messenger: The favorite way of communicating with people who read my Streetzblog.com.
- LinkedIn: Lots of good high quality networking going on here. Getting better at a communicating in real time.
- Twitter: I have 2 people I can always find here. They seem like they live there.
- WhatsApp: My friend in high-end real estate uses this as his number one choice.
By the looks of the lists below, seems Facebook or something owned by Facebook would be a great place to find someone.
Here are the top 15 Social Media Networking sites: (Source DreamGrow.com) As of June 7, 2017
- Vine (Camera)
Here are the most popular Social Media Networking apps: (Source: DreamGrow.com) June 7, 2017
- Messenger (On Facebook)
- WhatsApp (Owned by Facebook)
- QQ Chat
- Instagram (Owned by Facebook)
You can find me via text or calling (808) 479-9928, land line at (808) 275-1000 or email me here or here.
What’s your favorite way to communicate?