You’ll probably be seeing a shorter version of this video all over the place in the next coming days/weeks. (May/June 2022) The release of the Nike 50th Anniversary campaign coincides with the NBA Play-Offs.
Spike Lee/Mars Blackmon shows us all the OG Nike athletes Like Jordan, Barkley and Bo and Indigo Hubbard-Salk/Zimmie goes over the latest NS athletes like Ja Morant, Luka and Sabrina the Point Guard Queen. They quantify all of their eras athletes during a chess match..But at the end, they both agree..It’s Gotta Be the Shoes! (Classic)
It’s lots of fun to watch the OG footage along with the latest Nike Athletes. Who is your favorite star?
Coca-Cola’s been hitting the metaverse lately with their Byte Cola. Next up is the IRL Coca-Cola Starlight. Coke is attempting to keep the taste a mystery. They say “It’s as Mysterious as the Cosmos“, pretty cryptic eh?
Listed below are a couple of hints as we get ready for the Starlight release on Monday May 2nd. The internet is a blaze of bits of information, Almost like a limited AJ1 release.
From Eater: Astronomers discovered a dust cloud in the Milky Way made up of ethyl formate, the same chemical that gives raspberries their flavor and it smells like Rum. I never knew their was a p in the word Raspberries.
From Coca-Cola: A cola like beverage meant to evoke the feeling of a journey to space.
And my favorite:
From The Food Network: A reddish-hued beverage, tasting like fruity yet minty cotton candy with a hint of vanilla. Say what? Hahaha
A reddish-hued beverage, tasting like fruity yet minty cotton candy with a hint of vanilla
What have you heard of the new Starlight beverage? Will you try it? Is it buzzing around your real world or metaverse? Let us know in the comments.
When I opened up my latest New York magazine I bumped into a few ads for the Inventing Anna Netflix series. They were all good. Nice headlines touting how much money she spent at a hotel or on dinner. Then to my surprise, I landed on the ad That gave me her credit card.
It’s not a cheap flimsy card. It’s made of the hard plastic just like the real thing. Even has a chip image, secret code and to top it off her SIGNATURE!!
I would compare it to getting the McLovin HAWAII drivers license, when it used to come on the real life DVD.
Marketing Genius. Immediately I put the card on my Facebook post, then made a fun story on IG using music from the movie (Google Me). And now I’m writing this blog post. So just from my end many extra impressions of FREE advertising. One of my followers even said they’d go watch the series after reading my post.
If you can’t read the fine print it says: This card is no longer the property of Anna Delvey. Use of this card by anyone other than the issuer is strongly encouraged.
Very well done magazine ad. I carry my card in my wallet. Will be fun to try and use it at the next dinner I go to. If you haven’t seen Inventing Anna yet, it’s a really fun show, over the top dramatics and awesome music that matches the show spot on!
The series is on Netflix. If you saw the show what did you think of it? What do you think of the marketing campaign with the free credit card? Let us know in the comments section
You’re not Selling unless You’re Closing. You’re not Closing if you’re not doing a proposal. You’re not Doing a Proposal, if You’re not asking for your Clients Needs. If You’re not asking Your Clients needs You’re not Presenting your Proposal.
Pick a WORD above and do it NOW. (S.Mackenzie 1/22/22)
If you want a Free Radio Commercial or some Free ideas for your business or service, email me at NOW
Watch the Video above to see what’s trending in 2022. We’re not out of the woods yet. But both Vogue and TrendHunter said the Roaring 20’s are coming soon. Maybe in Spring or Summer of 2022? Hope so, I know some thought it was June/July 2021, but that lasted about 38 days.
Sanitize, social distance, wear your mask, and get vaccinated if it works for you. History has shown that plagues have ended. We shall continue to hope & faith that we can stay safe till Covid/Corona can be seen in our rear view mirrors.
You can check out the video above, or for a quick look at the 2022 trends, here they are:
20. NFT ART
19. In Game Inclusion
18. Summer Cannabis-BBQ’s and Beaches. Sippin’ weed.
17. Car Free Retail- All inclusinve living areas
16. Generation Dating-See Gen Z & Tic Toc
15. Carbon Offset-If you’ve been watching Billions on TV, you know what this is
14. Activism Pop-Up
13. Accessible Care
12. P2P Community-Mental health via Apps
11. Low Alcohol Bar-More about getting together in community than drinking too much.
10. International Keto-Example: Vegan Kim Chee
9. Farm to Phone-Fresh produce via digital devices
8. Nature Novice-Outdoor Adventurism
7. Hyper Convenient Camping
6.Sensitization Health-Hi end brands incorporating sanitization into their products
5. Health Hub
4. Tech Fatigue-Taking breaks from the digital/social media world
3. Boomer Tech-Virtual fitness, using apps for groceries becoming the norm
Poised to return to the office? Ready or Not, here it comes! Whether you’ve returned to the office or are getting ready to do it. Listed below are some useful & tested tips upon your return to the “real” office.
BRING CASH/DON’T FORGET YOUR DEBIT/CREDIT CARD: Some Bodega’s only accept cash now. While some trendy coffee curators only take cards. It’s a bit strange where I work in Downtown, Honolulu, but it’s usually one or the other not both. And you may need your cash, to split the bill if you go out to eat with friends or co-workers. Or a Card if you are treating your customers. So, Bring them both, cash and card back to the office.
WATER: Prepare your Hydroflask the night before with ice cubes. Or buy a bulk batch of bottled water. You are gonna’ need it at the office. You don’t want to waste $2.50 a day getting it from your cash only bodega. And wearing a mask all day makes you extra thirsty, you gotta stay ahead of the game and hydrate all day from daylight til dusk. Unlike my home refrigerator, there’s no free water where I work. *My doctor has recommended I drink 2 of the big Hydroflasks each and every day. I’m doing my best by bringing water to the office.
JACKET/HOODIE/SWEATER: This isn’t your home where you set the thermostat exactly where you like it. The office dictates the temperature. It can on occasion get a bit warm, but it’s mostly cold. And now, colder than before since they think that colder air brings less germs. The office is more frigid than it was pre-pandemic. Be prepared with appropriate attire. *Pro Tip: Bring it once and use as needed, then change out each month or as you would your gym bag.
FLEXI SCHEDULE: Returning 100% to the office can be a challenge for some. If you can, see if its ok with your boss to do a combo of in office and outta’ office or work from home (WFH). Personally, I know I can get all my work done from 9a-5:30pm at home. Many times at the work office it takes me from 8:45am-7:30pm to get the same amount of work done. The Flexi Schedule is Nice if you can procure it.
I’ve been back in office and Flexi-Schedule/WFH for a few weeks. It was awkward and strange at first. Then was fun to see people, catch up with folks and be in a social setting. Now, at times it seems weird and useless. The time it takes to get there and back. The abrupt interruptions. ETC. After what was it? 16 months of WFH, a lot of it just doesn’t make sense anymore. I personally like the Flexi-Schedule. A portion of work in the office, like weekly meetings and free food days make sense. And a portion of outta office to get paperwork done, do proposals, go on meetings and the occasional “safe” lunch.
The world we were in is gone. Change is Good. I vote for the Flexi-Schedule to stay way down the line. I remember some nights in 2018-19 staying till 9:00pm and thinking that was normal. In 2021, that just doesn’t make much sense. Turn the computer off at 5:30 or 6:00 and binge some shows, go exercise, or cook a nice healthy dinner. Well, Unless it’s the occasional Large Project to Earn the Big Bucks, to stay (very) late on occasion is still ok with me.
How has it been for you? What tips would you add to the list? Let us know in the comments section below.
Use music and sound effects: Remember you’re painting a picture in the mind of your listener. Help them with sound effects of water dripping, thunder crashing, car horns tooting,and fans rooting.
Proofread your Script: Write, read, write and read again. Take out as many words as makes sense. It’s way better to have a shorter script then a fast paced overly wordy script.
Use a CTA/Call to Action: At the end of your script make sure you write out what the listener is supposed to do. Go to a website, visit a store for a sale, go to an event this weekend. Whatever you want the listener to do, make sure you tell them. It can be early on in the script as well. But do make sure you repeat it at the end.
Squeeze too many words into your script: When 40 seconds of script goes into a :30 script, the listener has no chance of doing what you want them to do. Even with tons of reach and frequency, if your ad is a sped up announcer blazing through too many words, your campaign will not work.
Use trend Phrases: If I ever hear We’re in this together ever again, OMG. This saying came out in May 202o early on during the pandemic and it’s still being used 8/17/21. You can convey this same sentiment with other words. Be creative. There are many other ways to tell the listeners; We’re in this together. Use them.
Use the same voice that’s on 70% of the other commercials on the station: You want to stand out. When one person is voicing all the commercials, they tend to sound alike. Use a different voice. Try a lesser known DJ or maybe a friend or family member. The production director and the equipment used in the studio will help them sound professional.
1. Change the Subject Line: Whether it’s business or personal email. I always change my subject line before sending an email. It’s simple, easy and one of the most effective ways to communicate better. Erase the whole subject line and replace it with a more up to date subject line. Or just erase a word or 2 and replace it with “update”. This simple step will help your communication tremendously. Who wants to see an email trail with last weeks subject line? No one. It makes zero sense when it’s so simple to change the subject line.
Take responsibility and be the person to change the subject line. Many don’t, do it and see how much easier it is to communicate with someone. Who wants to see Lunch on Friday? When lunch was last week and this week, you’re already doing the project for your customer. Changing the subject line may feel like it’s taking time out of your day. It’s not, it’s helping you and others communicate better, easier and less confused.
2. Don’t put the Content of the email in your subject line: Some people I work with ask me to do something with the first portion of the to-do info in the subject line and the 2nd part in the body of the email. I’m like you and don’t always see the subject or my email program doesn’t show it to me every time. So I reply to what is in the body of the email and not to what is in the subject line. It’s not saving you or the other person time by using the subject line with info that goes in the body of the email. It’s actually using up more of your time because it can confuse people.
3. Respond + Acknowledge each other: Even if its a quick Thank You, Got it or a more lengthy response. People need to feel that their actions and input are valued. Don’t leave them hanging. If someone helps you do something at your work. Acknowledge it with a response. It can be two words or two sentences. But it needs to be something. They went through the effort to help you. You can make the effort to acknowledge it.
4. Start with their Name/End with something Nice: Even if you’re in a hurry. Start your email by saying Hello with the persons first name. “A person’s name is to him or her the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” – Dale Carnegie. It’s the polite and right thing to do. Not saying Hi or mentioning someone by name at the beginning of an email, tends to give you a rushed/moving to quickly vibe. Even if you’re in a hurry, take time to acknowledge the recipient by their name. And end your email with something nice. Like Have a nice evening, Enjoy the rest of your day/week. Whatever makes sense. End your email with something positive, nice or both. And change it up. It won’t carry the same meaning or Umph! if you use the same ending every time.
5. Proof it before sending: Re-read your email before sending. Check for flow, spelling and grammar. Some of the newer spell check programs can tend to add words you didn’t need and automatically change spelling on words that don’t need changing. And if you’re forwarding an email, make sure you erase sensitive information. Unless it’s needed, I tend to erase all superfluous info to keep things clean and to the point.
Yesterday 2/17/21 was Michael Jordan’s Birthday. Today is a good day to watch a winners video and share the teachings. Confidence and preparedness can be used in any aspect of your life.
Today, I had an hour out of my day where I slipped up on cold/warm calling on potential advertisers. So, I took a short break to watch Michael Jordan and write down my findings. Hopefully you can use some of these in case you have a “pause” in your day.
If you are in need of any marketing ideas or want to reach a bigger audience via Digital, Streaming or On the air radio exposure, feel welcome to call or email me anytime: (808) 275-1106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, here’s what I learned from Michael Jordan. Now I am ready to continue on with my Valid Business Reasons to reach potential customers. Which will produce excellent results.
Your work ethic + preparation Eliminates Fear. Take time to write your VBR and give value in your warm call or email
You can be better than what people think. You control your own thoughts, make them positive, power-filled, happy and confident
You can surpass any expectations that you may have for yourself. I tend to make a goal of 15 warm calls a week. There is no reason for that number, it’s just a random number I chose. Next week I will choose 20 and maybe the next week 30. Either way I will do more of them and they will all be quality calls
Let your Game be your calling card. Testimonials from successful campaigns should be all over your LinkedIn account
Believe in yourself and your skills. You need the confidence and killer instinct to Win. I like you have successful clients. Continue to feed your brain and Social media with the marketing ideas and the results you provide
Don’t be afraid to try. Everyone makes mistakes. Yeah, your VBR may not be perfect, but if you don’t email it out there, you will never know
Limits like fears are just an illusion. Fill your mind with confidence, positivity and a winning attitude. Anything that you give power to can happen. Good or bad, might as well fill your brain with the Good.
Hope this helps you if you are having a difficult time getting motivated today. And if you ever wanted to see the Biggest list of Songs with Jordan in them. Check them out here on the Streetzblog
As Zig Ziglar says: See you at the Top. Or as Jordan says: Let’s find a way to stay on Top. Do more, a little longer, a little harder even if you’re tired.
I saw this saying on a shirt in a street stall in Camden, England. It was a #realfake Ed Hardy look alike. And was a bit small for me, but I liked the design and saying so much, I bought it. Never was able to fit into it, but the slogan was a good reminder on how you can train your mind for a good Moment, Day or even year.
Everyday, you have this choice, to have a good day or a bad day. Kelly Clarkson ends her show with: Have a Good Day! And if it’s not, then Change it!
The Blur between Awake and Asleep is where the Magic Happens
Benjamin Hardy PHD, says something along the lines of the blur between your sleep and your awake state is when the best ideas occur. He encourages us…