Top 20 Trends for 2019-Forecast via Trendhunter
What would you add or delete from the Top 20 list for 2019? Let us know in the comments section.
What would you add or delete from the Top 20 list for 2019? Let us know in the comments section.
Swipe a slice of bread with your credit card and instantly donate $ to people in need. Swipe the ropes on wrists, immediately give to the disadvantaged. This interactive billboard is entitled the Social Swipe. It’s a dual screen electronic billboard that has a credit card reader in the middle. As your card runs through the slot, the video syncs and slices a piece of bread or cuts off the ropes on wrists.
The Social Swipe is produced by the relief organization-Misereor, with help from stripe.com, a mobile payment provider. Each swipe on the animated billboard delivers an instant 2Euro donation to those in need. It’s an extremely engaging interactive and fun way to donate.
When donators receive their CC statements, it gives the user the option to turn the one-time donation into a monthly one. Increasing the funds to further fight against poverty and injustice in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. These billboards are presently located in various International Airports.
Check out the video below and see how fun it can be to donate. Or if you see one of these around the world, give it a swipe for me and let us know if it’s as fun as it looks!
What else could we do with this or something similar?
The ideas and usages are endless. What would/could you do with this technology. Let me know in the comments section.
Today I’m going to be completely lazy and just copy and paste a blog posting from Alec Banks of HypeBeast.com – who got the information from Techcrunch. I’m doing it because we had so much fun tracking the newest iPhone, I dont want you to miss out on the early hype on the new iPad 3. I have lots of commercials to write tonight at my regular job But don’t want you to miss out on the early hype on the iPad 3! Hope we get some even better news about it over the next few weeks. Basically, it says that the new iPad will have awesome graphics! Here is the excerpt from Alec Banks of hypebeast.com:
Just as the Consumer Electronics Show was winding down in Las Vegas, Bloomberg has three people claiming they have intimate details about the Apple iPad 3. Among the “unconfirmed,” yet tangible rumors, is that it went into production this month with a launch coming in March. It will have a quad-core CPU (as opposed to the dual-core A5 found in iPad 2) as well as a “high-def” screen. The new display is capable of greater resolution than the current version, with more pixels on its screen than some high-definition televisions. The introduction of the new iPad will be Apple’s first major hardware release since the death of company co-founder Steve Jobs in October.
I’m over in NYC this week and whenever I come here I totally dig seeing the advertising and marketing that’s happening here in person. It’s so much more fun and interesting for me to see it in person, then through a blog or on a website. It also brings you a totally non-biased report on who’s doing the best and coolest stuff in town!
Here’s a sampling of What’s Hot Now in Advertising and Marketing in NYC! As witnessed live by advertisinginhawaii.com
1. Times Square Billboards: Oh, I can stand for hours and look at the billboards and snap pictures of them. Back in the Day-The real looking smoke rings that came from the Marlboro man was really good and so was the Chock Full O’ Nuts Coffee Billboard. Now-a-days T-Squre feels like it’s on mega steroids, with Hollywoodesque art happening everywhere. Some of the billboards basically show crisp, clean snippets of TV shows that are clearer than the TV I watch at my house! I saw a :60-:90 billboard snippet of some fun reality show where the ladies were partying and having a great time ala’ NYE, then they got in a cat fight. I’m not quite sure of the show, but it was really fun to watch on the Mega-Mega-Mega-Tron. And I really like the girl with the blue lips as seen at the top of this post, she really stands out from the clutter and clatter of the rest of the Billboards. I would say the color palette does if for them. And the boldness of the vision of the art director.
2.Bloomingdale’s Window Display: OH the FUN that I had here! Basically I walked along from window to window, pressed the star button next to the window, it took a picture of me, then within seconds, my picture appeared above the window! It was so much fun, I did it at all 3 windows! I felt like a star right in the center of the universe (BTW: that’s what I call the area around Bloomingdale’s in NYC). And what I liked is your/my picture stayed on there for three slots, thus, it gave me lots of time to take a picture of it. Everyone down there was having a great time! So much fun, I busted out the Bloomie’s card and bought a couple of things. 15% discount on purchases with a Bloomingdale’s card all day long and lots of things were already 40-50% off. Here’s the picture of me in the window display at Bloomingdale’s-December 2011-Mid Town NYC.
3. In Cab Advertising: As you know, I totally love QR codes and lately I’ve been looking for the best practices on how to use them well. When I arrived in NYC, I got in the cab and a TV screen came on that told us about some Celebrity Gossip, sports scores, then a really cool ad came on to win Sunglasses. What I liked about the ad is the lady in the spot, told us at the beginning of the spot, “Get Ready to scan the QR code to win a pair of Sunglasses” this gave the rider plenty of time to locate their QR code on their phone and by the end of the :30 seconds you would be ready to scan it to win. I scanned it and it took me to their site and told and sold me on their sunglasses and they had a really easy to fill out form to win the prizes-especially wise when using a smart-phone. Congrats!
4.DESIGUAL Stores NYC: A Couple of years ago I noticed how fun and exciting this store seemed to be from the mix of dark lighting and bright colors inside the store. Now their marketing is proving their vibe to be true and in synch with their brand’s funness. In their store in Soho, These guys actually had a real red carpet outside on the side-walk, then as I walked in I was treated with bright balloons and thumping yet not overly banging house music and a free red bull! How fun is that! They made me feel special and gave me a bit of caffeine to wake up from my non sleep I usually get when I vacation over here in the big city. Note: the only thing that did NOT match up with the marketing was the people working there. They could care less about giving me a drink or a balloon or even asking me if I needed any help. So, You guessed it, I bought nothing. Two years ago I bought my first pair of what I would call expensive jeans ($220), at that time they were nice to me and the jeans were really nice and different, fun and exciting like their marketing. But mainly they were attentive and helped me with my needs. Little did they know, I was back to do some shopping, but nope, not if you’re not going to be friendly forget it! Double Note: at Union Square I saw a shirt I was for sure going to buy-I actually still want it. But I asked the lady at the counter a simple question of “do you have any more of these?” she snapped and shouted “NO” so once again, no sale. I do still want the shirt. But I just can’t buy from employees that suck! I forget her Kiosk name, but do hope she reads this blog sometime. Triple Note to lady: It was a Black and grey and blue plaid shirt with buttons with X’s on them. Back to DESIGUAL, here’s a picture of what they had going on this past weekend in Soho in NYC. Their marketing was good, just not their sales people or sales training.
Well, a few weeks ago I was thinking what would be a great way to make a QR code look cooler? Mobi has some that are colorful, Macy’s put a Star around theirs, But these guys at Blippar have taken the concept to a whole new level. I received this tip from springwise.com then went to Google-Ize the word blippar and I found us this awesome video.
The video has some slow portions, but I’d advise staying patient through it until you at least see the Omega watch portion. What happens here is he puts the phone on a print ad for Omega and within seconds the man in the video has placed 3 or 4 different Omega watches on to his own wrist! Not real watches, but virtual watches and they do look like they are on his wrist. Blippar is Pretty happening. Congrats on the cool concept to all the folks who work over at blippar. I can’t wait until you get Nike as a client and I can wear all the Jordans I could ever imagine! I wont have to buy another pair of shoes ever again. I’ll be able to virtually wear whatever I want-whenever I want. Too cool!
On Saturday I went to another Pacific New Media Class. The class was entitled: “How to Use Social Media to Build your Professional and Personal Brand” taught by “Neenz” Faleafine. Neenz was the social media director for Governor Abercrombie, now works at Oceanit, and is the chief evangelist for Guy Kawasaki’s Alltop Website.
I personally think many of you would enjoy taking her class in the Spring, thus I won’t tell you everything I learned, but I will tell you a few pretty cool things:
1. the Hottest, Newest social media site is called Chime.In. It’s where all the cutting edge Techies are going to last week and this week. And did you know that there are over 500 Social Media sites in existence!!! OMG! But Facebook still rules with over 800 Million people on it! So, for marketing purposes, if you only choose one SM avenue, I would still advise using and getting good at FB.
2. Check out contxts.com. At this site you can set up your own electronic SMS business card. First just go there. Then after you are set yours up, you just take a new friends phone, put 50500 in the “To:” section then in the text section write your name. Then within 6 seconds, an electronic business card pops on to their smartphone screen. in plain English”text your name to 50500″. I love it, it’s almost as fun as QR codes, but I’m still pretty attached to those!
3. Set up Google Alerts for your name at Google.com\alerts, purchase your own domain name with your real name, check knowem.com to see how many you can still get using your own name, tag all your photos, tag your content relevent to your brand and as we learned before…Create Content because as Dan Z said “Content is King” and @NEENZrecommends that when you create content make sure it conveys what you want your personal brand to be, spell correclty and be specific!
I just got home from work a little while ago, so I need to go now, time to relax a bit before the new day starts. If you need some free ideas for any type of promotion or marketing campaign you are working on, feel free to email me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 275-1106. Take care and have a Great Mega Halloween Weekend!
As you know, I love QR codes and have been having fun with them for a few months now. These guys in Germany are really having fun with them. check out the vid or visit their website to check out these brand new QR Cookies. Thanks to springwise.com for the tip!