You’ll probably be seeing a shorter version of this video all over the place in the next coming days/weeks. (May/June 2022) The release of the Nike 50th Anniversary campaign coincides with the NBA Play-Offs.
Spike Lee/Mars Blackmon shows us all the OG Nike athletes Like Jordan, Barkley and Bo and Indigo Hubbard-Salk/Zimmie goes over the latest NS athletes like Ja Morant, Luka and Sabrina the Point Guard Queen. They quantify all of their eras athletes during a chess match..But at the end, they both agree..It’s Gotta Be the Shoes! (Classic)
It’s lots of fun to watch the OG footage along with the latest Nike Athletes. Who is your favorite star?
Coca-Cola’s been hitting the metaverse lately with their Byte Cola. Next up is the IRL Coca-Cola Starlight. Coke is attempting to keep the taste a mystery. They say “It’s as Mysterious as the Cosmos“, pretty cryptic eh?
Listed below are a couple of hints as we get ready for the Starlight release on Monday May 2nd. The internet is a blaze of bits of information, Almost like a limited AJ1 release.
From Eater: Astronomers discovered a dust cloud in the Milky Way made up of ethyl formate, the same chemical that gives raspberries their flavor and it smells like Rum. I never knew their was a p in the word Raspberries.
From Coca-Cola: A cola like beverage meant to evoke the feeling of a journey to space.
And my favorite:
From The Food Network: A reddish-hued beverage, tasting like fruity yet minty cotton candy with a hint of vanilla. Say what? Hahaha
A reddish-hued beverage, tasting like fruity yet minty cotton candy with a hint of vanilla
What have you heard of the new Starlight beverage? Will you try it? Is it buzzing around your real world or metaverse? Let us know in the comments.
When I opened up my latest New York magazine I bumped into a few ads for the Inventing Anna Netflix series. They were all good. Nice headlines touting how much money she spent at a hotel or on dinner. Then to my surprise, I landed on the ad That gave me her credit card.
It’s not a cheap flimsy card. It’s made of the hard plastic just like the real thing. Even has a chip image, secret code and to top it off her SIGNATURE!!
I would compare it to getting the McLovin HAWAII drivers license, when it used to come on the real life DVD.
Marketing Genius. Immediately I put the card on my Facebook post, then made a fun story on IG using music from the movie (Google Me). And now I’m writing this blog post. So just from my end many extra impressions of FREE advertising. One of my followers even said they’d go watch the series after reading my post.
If you can’t read the fine print it says: This card is no longer the property of Anna Delvey. Use of this card by anyone other than the issuer is strongly encouraged.
Very well done magazine ad. I carry my card in my wallet. Will be fun to try and use it at the next dinner I go to. If you haven’t seen Inventing Anna yet, it’s a really fun show, over the top dramatics and awesome music that matches the show spot on!
The series is on Netflix. If you saw the show what did you think of it? What do you think of the marketing campaign with the free credit card? Let us know in the comments section
You’re not Selling unless You’re Closing. You’re not Closing if you’re not doing a proposal. You’re not Doing a Proposal, if You’re not asking for your Clients Needs. If You’re not asking Your Clients needs You’re not Presenting your Proposal.
Pick a WORD above and do it NOW. (S.Mackenzie 1/22/22)
If you want a Free Radio Commercial or some Free ideas for your business or service, email me at NOW
Watch the Video above to see what’s trending in 2022. We’re not out of the woods yet. But both Vogue and TrendHunter said the Roaring 20’s are coming soon. Maybe in Spring or Summer of 2022? Hope so, I know some thought it was June/July 2021, but that lasted about 38 days.
Sanitize, social distance, wear your mask, and get vaccinated if it works for you. History has shown that plagues have ended. We shall continue to hope & faith that we can stay safe till Covid/Corona can be seen in our rear view mirrors.
You can check out the video above, or for a quick look at the 2022 trends, here they are:
20. NFT ART
19. In Game Inclusion
18. Summer Cannabis-BBQ’s and Beaches. Sippin’ weed.
17. Car Free Retail- All inclusinve living areas
16. Generation Dating-See Gen Z & Tic Toc
15. Carbon Offset-If you’ve been watching Billions on TV, you know what this is
14. Activism Pop-Up
13. Accessible Care
12. P2P Community-Mental health via Apps
11. Low Alcohol Bar-More about getting together in community than drinking too much.
10. International Keto-Example: Vegan Kim Chee
9. Farm to Phone-Fresh produce via digital devices
8. Nature Novice-Outdoor Adventurism
7. Hyper Convenient Camping
6.Sensitization Health-Hi end brands incorporating sanitization into their products
5. Health Hub
4. Tech Fatigue-Taking breaks from the digital/social media world
3. Boomer Tech-Virtual fitness, using apps for groceries becoming the norm
1. Change the Subject Line: Whether it’s business or personal email. I always change my subject line before sending an email. It’s simple, easy and one of the most effective ways to communicate better. Erase the whole subject line and replace it with a more up to date subject line. Or just erase a word or 2 and replace it with “update”. This simple step will help your communication tremendously. Who wants to see an email trail with last weeks subject line? No one. It makes zero sense when it’s so simple to change the subject line.
Take responsibility and be the person to change the subject line. Many don’t, do it and see how much easier it is to communicate with someone. Who wants to see Lunch on Friday? When lunch was last week and this week, you’re already doing the project for your customer. Changing the subject line may feel like it’s taking time out of your day. It’s not, it’s helping you and others communicate better, easier and less confused.
2. Don’t put the Content of the email in your subject line: Some people I work with ask me to do something with the first portion of the to-do info in the subject line and the 2nd part in the body of the email. I’m like you and don’t always see the subject or my email program doesn’t show it to me every time. So I reply to what is in the body of the email and not to what is in the subject line. It’s not saving you or the other person time by using the subject line with info that goes in the body of the email. It’s actually using up more of your time because it can confuse people.
3. Respond + Acknowledge each other: Even if its a quick Thank You, Got it or a more lengthy response. People need to feel that their actions and input are valued. Don’t leave them hanging. If someone helps you do something at your work. Acknowledge it with a response. It can be two words or two sentences. But it needs to be something. They went through the effort to help you. You can make the effort to acknowledge it.
4. Start with their Name/End with something Nice: Even if you’re in a hurry. Start your email by saying Hello with the persons first name. “A person’s name is to him or her the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” – Dale Carnegie. It’s the polite and right thing to do. Not saying Hi or mentioning someone by name at the beginning of an email, tends to give you a rushed/moving to quickly vibe. Even if you’re in a hurry, take time to acknowledge the recipient by their name. And end your email with something nice. Like Have a nice evening, Enjoy the rest of your day/week. Whatever makes sense. End your email with something positive, nice or both. And change it up. It won’t carry the same meaning or Umph! if you use the same ending every time.
5. Proof it before sending: Re-read your email before sending. Check for flow, spelling and grammar. Some of the newer spell check programs can tend to add words you didn’t need and automatically change spelling on words that don’t need changing. And if you’re forwarding an email, make sure you erase sensitive information. Unless it’s needed, I tend to erase all superfluous info to keep things clean and to the point.
Or the World as we knew it, no longer exists. Either way we say it. It’s true. Some days, I’ll post an uplifting video usually on marketing or advertising and other days, I’ll write. Today we have a bit of both.
Due to the ever changing world as of today (4/12/20), the way we did things and the way we do them now, are accelerating at an unprecedented speed. Some of you may have already have been there, for others, it’s like what just happened to my World?!?!
ZOOMING INTO INNOVATION BE LIKE:
ZOOM: Three weeks ago, zoom was how fast Lebron could get from one end of the Court to the other. Now it’s how we have weekly Sales Meetings, Virtual Cocktails, Dance parties, Yoga Sessions and Family Gatherings like Birthdays, Graduation and even EASTER!
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU: Next time you watch TV, see how many commercials say these exact words. They are good words and needed at this time. But how did close to 75% decide on these exact 5 words? I don’t know the answer and ponder it nightly. However, The actual point here is, look how quickly the TV commercials changed. Years ago it would have been 7-10 days to tweak the messaging. The turnaround on some of these ads were 3 days! Did the ad agency’s have them pre-packaged and ready. Or was it that you and I can edit a commercial on our own laptop and don’t even need to do a big production session. It was probably a combo of both. Yet, both lead us back to accelerated speed of efficiency. Speed of things has been accelerated tremendously. FASTER ZOOMING
CONTACTLESS DELIVERY: This moved so quick, spell check doesn’t even recognize the word. Papa John’s does a really nice job of explaining it in their commercials. Kudos go to to them for the simplicity and effectiveness of the message. And once again, how quickly they got it on TV. ZOOMIER ZOOMING
AI: Artificial Intelligence is something that is fun to think about “coming soon”. But it is here now. With AI, Google can figure out what type of ad to serve you in less than 1.2 seconds. You may not need to know how AI works and the codes that go into it. But if you’re not aware of it and think its on it’s way, its here and is most likely going to break through the Covid-19 months, with outrageous popularity. Read about it, hire someone to help your company use it. Whatever you do, don’t think its on the way, it may be doing your job in 3 years. Think about that! OUTSTANDING ZOOM
SOCIAL MEDIA: Negative: Lots of people passing around information that is FAKE more than ever. Positive in advertising: Within 8 days of quarantine, ALL of these companies showed up on my FB and IG feed: Purity Products, Nu Image Medical, Vital Proteins, Lifetones, Nanoceutical Solutions, AnaHealth, And Ace Nutritian. Other than Purity, I never heard of any of them before. And they all were quick to react to sell me and you Immunity products. They have the products to fill our needs NOW. SPEEDY Immunity to the rescue! TikTok: These are :15 second videos, I don’t know the stats exactly, but can tell for sure that they have had the biggest growth in March/April 2020. Probably because of the quickness of the video, just :15 seconds and :15 seconds is just enough time to have your granpa dance to some Quavo. (Hopefully he isn’t drinking Quavo at the same time.Haha) I predict now that TikTok will be the big winner when we come out of this. However be careful, some say your information on Tik Tok goes to some sketchy places. TIK TOK’S FIFTEEN SECONDS TO ZOOM
INNOVATION/OR ACTIVE VERSION INNOVATE!: This last thing isn’t something I’ve seen or heard lately. It’s just become embedded in my brain in March and April 2020. I don’t know the facts surrounding it or where it’s coming from. Like when Wayne Dyer writes a book, he says the words just appear on the page as the day goes by. Well this word is appearing in my brain all day and even at night. It’s telling me and you something and I bet when it happens it will be FAST. ZOOM IS THE NORM Happy Zoom meetings to you and yours. Scott
INNOVATING THROUGH CHAOS WEBINAR:
Today’s uplifting video is from Jeremy Gutsche of Trendhunter. If you don’t have time to watch the whole thing. A few key points include:
Path Dependency. Crisis. Chaos. Recharting.
Chaos Creates Opportunities. Chaos Changes the Rules. Chaos Switches Who is in the Lead.
Solve a new Consumer Need. You can Thrive when others Retreat. Be irresistible with a specific group of people.
Looking for your clients Next Big Idea? Spending hours brainstorming, white-boarding, or scribbling notes on cocktail napkins! Your answer to their marketing dilemma might be, could be pretty SIMPLE.
Check out the picture above. It came across the midst of the usual 200+ emails on a Monday Morning. And not even sure who sent it. But it sure is effective and look how simple it is to create.
3 words below the counter: ALWAYS ORDER TWO. I’ve never been to this establishment-Burgers Never Say Die in L.A. or as their insta simplifies their name to BNSD. But if I do go here, I already know, I’m ordering TWO!
Subliminal or in your face, it doesn’t really matter, this is effective. Without doing much investigating reporting, I bet these 3 words work and sell a lot of extra burgers.
In the 90’s the Buzzword in advertising and marketing was the KISS principle. Keep It Super Simple. Keep it Simply Simple or the most used version, Keep It Simple…Stupid. There’s no better way to exemplify the power of this principle than ALWAYS ORDER TWO.
Check out this Budweiser commercial. Bet you can’t not shed a tear or get a lump in your throat or stomach. Dwayne’s been trading jerseys with the best players in the NBA all season long (Like they do in Soccer/Football) But these trades will leave you feeling something. One of the most emotional commercials of all time! Take a look-see and let us know how you feel in the comments section: Have a nice Month!