1. Change the Subject Line: Whether it’s business or personal email. I always change my subject line before sending an email. It’s simple, easy and one of the most effective ways to communicate better. Erase the whole subject line and replace it with a more up to date subject line. Or just erase a word or 2 and replace it with “update”. This simple step will help your communication tremendously. Who wants to see an email trail with last weeks subject line? No one. It makes zero sense when it’s so simple to change the subject line.
Take responsibility and be the person to change the subject line. Many don’t, do it and see how much easier it is to communicate with someone. Who wants to see Lunch on Friday? When lunch was last week and this week, you’re already doing the project for your customer. Changing the subject line may feel like it’s taking time out of your day. It’s not, it’s helping you and others communicate better, easier and less confused.
2. Don’t put the Content of the email in your subject line: Some people I work with ask me to do something with the first portion of the to-do info in the subject line and the 2nd part in the body of the email. I’m like you and don’t always see the subject or my email program doesn’t show it to me every time. So I reply to what is in the body of the email and not to what is in the subject line. It’s not saving you or the other person time by using the subject line with info that goes in the body of the email. It’s actually using up more of your time because it can confuse people.
3. Respond + Acknowledge each other: Even if its a quick Thank You, Got it or a more lengthy response. People need to feel that their actions and input are valued. Don’t leave them hanging. If someone helps you do something at your work. Acknowledge it with a response. It can be two words or two sentences. But it needs to be something. They went through the effort to help you. You can make the effort to acknowledge it.
4. Start with their Name/End with something Nice: Even if you’re in a hurry. Start your email by saying Hello with the persons first name. “A person’s name is to him or her the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” – Dale Carnegie. It’s the polite and right thing to do. Not saying Hi or mentioning someone by name at the beginning of an email, tends to give you a rushed/moving to quickly vibe. Even if you’re in a hurry, take time to acknowledge the recipient by their name. And end your email with something nice. Like Have a nice evening, Enjoy the rest of your day/week. Whatever makes sense. End your email with something positive, nice or both. And change it up. It won’t carry the same meaning or Umph! if you use the same ending every time.
5. Proof it before sending: Re-read your email before sending. Check for flow, spelling and grammar. Some of the newer spell check programs can tend to add words you didn’t need and automatically change spelling on words that don’t need changing. And if you’re forwarding an email, make sure you erase sensitive information. Unless it’s needed, I tend to erase all superfluous info to keep things clean and to the point.
Or the World as we knew it, no longer exists. Either way we say it. It’s true. Some days, I’ll post an uplifting video usually on marketing or advertising and other days, I’ll write. Today we have a bit of both.
Due to the ever changing world as of today (4/12/20), the way we did things and the way we do them now, are accelerating at an unprecedented speed. Some of you may have already have been there, for others, it’s like what just happened to my World?!?!
ZOOMING INTO INNOVATION BE LIKE:
ZOOM: Three weeks ago, zoom was how fast Lebron could get from one end of the Court to the other. Now it’s how we have weekly Sales Meetings, Virtual Cocktails, Dance parties, Yoga Sessions and Family Gatherings like Birthdays, Graduation and even EASTER!
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU: Next time you watch TV, see how many commercials say these exact words. They are good words and needed at this time. But how did close to 75% decide on these exact 5 words? I don’t know the answer and ponder it nightly. However, The actual point here is, look how quickly the TV commercials changed. Years ago it would have been 7-10 days to tweak the messaging. The turnaround on some of these ads were 3 days! Did the ad agency’s have them pre-packaged and ready. Or was it that you and I can edit a commercial on our own laptop and don’t even need to do a big production session. It was probably a combo of both. Yet, both lead us back to accelerated speed of efficiency. Speed of things has been accelerated tremendously. FASTER ZOOMING
CONTACTLESS DELIVERY: This moved so quick, spell check doesn’t even recognize the word. Papa John’s does a really nice job of explaining it in their commercials. Kudos go to to them for the simplicity and effectiveness of the message. And once again, how quickly they got it on TV. ZOOMIER ZOOMING
AI: Artificial Intelligence is something that is fun to think about “coming soon”. But it is here now. With AI, Google can figure out what type of ad to serve you in less than 1.2 seconds. You may not need to know how AI works and the codes that go into it. But if you’re not aware of it and think its on it’s way, its here and is most likely going to break through the Covid-19 months, with outrageous popularity. Read about it, hire someone to help your company use it. Whatever you do, don’t think its on the way, it may be doing your job in 3 years. Think about that! OUTSTANDING ZOOM
SOCIAL MEDIA: Negative: Lots of people passing around information that is FAKE more than ever. Positive in advertising: Within 8 days of quarantine, ALL of these companies showed up on my FB and IG feed: Purity Products, Nu Image Medical, Vital Proteins, Lifetones, Nanoceutical Solutions, AnaHealth, And Ace Nutritian. Other than Purity, I never heard of any of them before. And they all were quick to react to sell me and you Immunity products. They have the products to fill our needs NOW. SPEEDY Immunity to the rescue! TikTok: These are :15 second videos, I don’t know the stats exactly, but can tell for sure that they have had the biggest growth in March/April 2020. Probably because of the quickness of the video, just :15 seconds and :15 seconds is just enough time to have your granpa dance to some Quavo. (Hopefully he isn’t drinking Quavo at the same time.Haha) I predict now that TikTok will be the big winner when we come out of this. However be careful, some say your information on Tik Tok goes to some sketchy places. TIK TOK’S FIFTEEN SECONDS TO ZOOM
INNOVATION/OR ACTIVE VERSION INNOVATE!: This last thing isn’t something I’ve seen or heard lately. It’s just become embedded in my brain in March and April 2020. I don’t know the facts surrounding it or where it’s coming from. Like when Wayne Dyer writes a book, he says the words just appear on the page as the day goes by. Well this word is appearing in my brain all day and even at night. It’s telling me and you something and I bet when it happens it will be FAST. ZOOM IS THE NORM Happy Zoom meetings to you and yours. Scott
INNOVATING THROUGH CHAOS WEBINAR:
Today’s uplifting video is from Jeremy Gutsche of Trendhunter. If you don’t have time to watch the whole thing. A few key points include:
Path Dependency. Crisis. Chaos. Recharting.
Chaos Creates Opportunities. Chaos Changes the Rules. Chaos Switches Who is in the Lead.
Solve a new Consumer Need. You can Thrive when others Retreat. Be irresistible with a specific group of people.
Looking for your clients Next Big Idea? Spending hours brainstorming, white-boarding, or scribbling notes on cocktail napkins! Your answer to their marketing dilemma might be, could be pretty SIMPLE.
Check out the picture above. It came across the midst of the usual 200+ emails on a Monday Morning. And not even sure who sent it. But it sure is effective and look how simple it is to create.
3 words below the counter: ALWAYS ORDER TWO. I’ve never been to this establishment-Burgers Never Say Die in L.A. or as their insta simplifies their name to BNSD. But if I do go here, I already know, I’m ordering TWO!
Subliminal or in your face, it doesn’t really matter, this is effective. Without doing much investigating reporting, I bet these 3 words work and sell a lot of extra burgers.
In the 90’s the Buzzword in advertising and marketing was the KISS principle. Keep It Super Simple. Keep it Simply Simple or the most used version, Keep It Simple…Stupid. There’s no better way to exemplify the power of this principle than ALWAYS ORDER TWO.
Check out this Budweiser commercial. Bet you can’t not shed a tear or get a lump in your throat or stomach. Dwayne’s been trading jerseys with the best players in the NBA all season long (Like they do in Soccer/Football) But these trades will leave you feeling something. One of the most emotional commercials of all time! Take a look-see and let us know how you feel in the comments section: Have a nice Month!
Check out this new Times Square billboard! It’s the world’s first 3-D Robotic sign with more than 1,500 LED screens. Coke has been advertising for 97 years in NY’s Time Square, this is the biggest and best billboard of all time. Check out the YouTube video below and see the stats under the Vid. What do you think of it?
300,000: Number of people who pass by the sign each day
240,000: Pounds that the sign weighs
1920: The year Coke’s first Times Square sign displayed
1760: Number of Moving LED screens
2004: The last year that Coke updated their Times Square Sign
68: The Signs Height
42: The Signs Width
35: Number of Engineers involved in design, testing and construction of the billboard
4: Number of Years it took to design and test the sign
*Numbers courtesy of AdAge Magazine September 11, 2017
Swipe a slice of bread with your credit card and instantly donate $ to people in need. Swipe the ropes on wrists, immediately give to the disadvantaged. This interactive billboard is entitled the Social Swipe. It’s a dual screen electronic billboard that has a credit card reader in the middle. As your card runs through the slot, the video syncs and slices a piece of bread or cuts off the ropes on wrists.
The Social Swipe is produced by the relief organization-Misereor, with help from stripe.com, a mobile payment provider. Each swipe on the animated billboard delivers an instant 2Euro donation to those in need. It’s an extremely engaging interactive and fun way to donate.
When donators receive their CC statements, it gives the user the option to turn the one-time donation into a monthly one. Increasing the funds to further fight against poverty and injustice in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. These billboards are presently located in various International Airports.
Check out the video below and see how fun it can be to donate. Or if you see one of these around the world, give it a swipe for me and let us know if it’s as fun as it looks!
What else could we do with this or something similar?
Swipe your card to slice a piece of juicy steak. Increase sales for Omaha Steaks.
Cut through some carrots. Join the Fruit and Veggie gift box of the month club. Portions of the proceeds go to the Food Bank and you get the healthy foods each month.
Slice quick and fast on the coconut, add some sound as it cracks open. Gives you a case of Coconut milk and another case sent to those in need.
Push your card through the middle of the billboard, swipe it on the moving arrow with numbers on it. Whichever number you get. Take it to the Department store and get 10, 20 or even 50% off your next purchase.
Have all sorts of hamburgers, fries, shakes, etc floating around the screen. Swipe at the correct moment to receive a coupon good for your favorite fast food treat.
Chop up some noisy notes to purchase more credits on your Amazon or iTunes account, right before you jump on the plane.
Easy one: Change all those self serve Walmart swipers to something fun like this and more people would use them. And would enjoy the sometimes very confusing and frustrating self-check-out activity.
Have water in the background, float your card through the fish and coral to donate to local fishery’s and aquariums. Like fishing for funds.
Put some kiosks at the beach. Swipe your card, instantly donate to skin cancer centers and just as fast receive a sample size of SPF 60, when the transaction is complete.
Use it as fun ATM. Each day you slice through a fortune cookie. Everyday, the cookie cracks open and gives you a brand new fortune. The bank also earns a fortune from the many increased transactions.
The ideas and usages are endless. What would/could you do with this technology. Let me know in the comments section.