Coca-Cola’s Times Square 3-D Billboard
Check out this new Times Square billboard! It’s the world’s first 3-D Robotic sign with more than 1,500 LED screens. Coke has been advertising for 97 years in NY’s Time Square, this is the biggest and best billboard of all time. Check out the YouTube video below and see the stats under the Vid. What do you think of it?
300,000: Number of people who pass by the sign each day
240,000: Pounds that the sign weighs
1920: The year Coke’s first Times Square sign displayed
1760: Number of Moving LED screens
2004: The last year that Coke updated their Times Square Sign
68: The Signs Height
42: The Signs Width
35: Number of Engineers involved in design, testing and construction of the billboard
4: Number of Years it took to design and test the sign
*Numbers courtesy of AdAge Magazine September 11, 2017
The Social Swipe for Charity
Swipe a slice of bread with your credit card and instantly donate $ to people in need. Swipe the ropes on wrists, immediately give to the disadvantaged. This interactive billboard is entitled the Social Swipe. It’s a dual screen electronic billboard that has a credit card reader in the middle. As your card runs through the slot, the video syncs and slices a piece of bread or cuts off the ropes on wrists.
The Social Swipe is produced by the relief organization-Misereor, with help from stripe.com, a mobile payment provider. Each swipe on the animated billboard delivers an instant 2Euro donation to those in need. It’s an extremely engaging interactive and fun way to donate.
When donators receive their CC statements, it gives the user the option to turn the one-time donation into a monthly one. Increasing the funds to further fight against poverty and injustice in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. These billboards are presently located in various International Airports.
Check out the video below and see how fun it can be to donate. Or if you see one of these around the world, give it a swipe for me and let us know if it’s as fun as it looks!
What else could we do with this or something similar?
- Swipe your card to slice a piece of juicy steak. Increase sales for Omaha Steaks.
- Cut through some carrots. Join the Fruit and Veggie gift box of the month club. Portions of the proceeds go to the Food Bank and you get the healthy foods each month.
- Slice quick and fast on the coconut, add some sound as it cracks open. Gives you a case of Coconut milk and another case sent to those in need.
- Push your card through the middle of the billboard, swipe it on the moving arrow with numbers on it. Whichever number you get. Take it to the Department store and get 10, 20 or even 50% off your next purchase.
- Have all sorts of hamburgers, fries, shakes, etc floating around the screen. Swipe at the correct moment to receive a coupon good for your favorite fast food treat.
- Chop up some noisy notes to purchase more credits on your Amazon or iTunes account, right before you jump on the plane.
- Easy one: Change all those self serve Walmart swipers to something fun like this and more people would use them. And would enjoy the sometimes very confusing and frustrating self-check-out activity.
- Have water in the background, float your card through the fish and coral to donate to local fishery’s and aquariums. Like fishing for funds.
- Put some kiosks at the beach. Swipe your card, instantly donate to skin cancer centers and just as fast receive a sample size of SPF 60, when the transaction is complete.
- Use it as fun ATM. Each day you slice through a fortune cookie. Everyday, the cookie cracks open and gives you a brand new fortune. The bank also earns a fortune from the many increased transactions.
The ideas and usages are endless. What would/could you do with this technology. Let me know in the comments section.
My favorite Marketing Video on Thursday March 19, 2015
Be Amazed by the Victoria’s Secret and Zara Stories.